Thursday, August 9, 2012

Week 6 & 7: Mo Money, Less Problems

I got so busy getting into the groove of things that I skipped last week's post ergo the doubling-up on this week's post.

Now, I know that Biggie said "Mo Money, More Problems" but it's the other way for me. Heck, I've been playing the Powerball more now than I've ever before. Even scratch-offs. I even got carded when I bought one in Florida. Yes, carded. I turn 26 next month. Legal age for lotto is 18. I didn't even get carded when I was 18. But thanks, Publix lotto lady, for making me feel younger.

Anyways, the current Powerball is 212 million. So, that's 100 million without tax? (I really don't know.) What would you do with all that money? Honestly, first thing for me would be giving my parents possibly half of it. They can retire. They can pay off the houses & condos that they own (they thought real estate was the goo investment). They can build the house in the Philippines that they always wanted. They can settle all their debts. It'll be fantastic.

For me, I'll pay off all my credit cards. I'll update/renovate my aunt's apartment. I'll invest in a production. I'll donate to charities. And the rest goes into savings. Yup. That's exactly what I'll do. Even if it's just that first point, I will be happy.

Those credit cards are the bane of my existence. I was perfectly fine & happy with my one credit card that I always paid off but then something happened between my junior and senior year of college and I got three more & I've been struggling to pay them off since. If you can imagine the interest rates on them... blergh.

So, yeah. Sorry, Biggie, more money means less problems for me.

Re-capping the past two weeks.

My aunt & I traveld to Florida two Fridays ago. We took a SuperShuttle which picked us around 4 yet we didn't get to the airport until at least 6. We were the first ones to get picked up and then we went to 4 other stops in the Gramercy/Kips Bay area. However, the last stop was all the way in the Financial District. Really?! And we were all going to LaGuardia. I didn't understand the reasoning. Luckily (or unfortunately) our plane was delayed an hour so we didn't miss it. There were other f-ups at the airport but I must point out a cool thing: the Delta waiting area in Terminal D (IIRC) had iPads everywhere that you can access for free. And if you're there long enough & you wanted food, you could order from the iPad with your credit card & they would bring it to you in 15 minutes or less. The lady next to me was eating a really good looking pesto pasta dish.

We arrived in Florida around 11:30pm and didn't get home until after midnight.

Nothing really excited happened on Saturday besides my dad's birthday party with tons of people I have no clue who they are and they, apparently, didn't know me.

On Sunday, we went to a Mass at Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine in Orlando. It was a Filipino Mass for a Feast that I'm not remembering; it was mostly in Tagalog. Afterwards, I met up with two of my oldest friends, Cristy & Shannon, at the outlet mall next door. Besides theme parks, Orlando is full of outlet malls. We mostly window-shopped & caught up since I haven't seen either of them in years; we communicate through text, Twitter & Facebook. Yes, we're those types of people now, but we plan on more physical meet-ups. Smiley face.

On Monday, I met up with another one of my oldest friends, Renae. She, unfortunately, recently lost her younger brother in a car accident. I really wished that I could have attended his funeral. I remember him fondly and I know that he could have done so many things. She is in bright spirits & keeping busy; she misses him, of course, but she's pulling through. Please keep her & her family in your thoughts & prayers, if you could.

My aunt & I went back up here to New York early Tuesday morning. SuperShuttle still did a crazy route through midtown & the theatre district. I might just suggest taking a taxi next time.

Wednesday, I saw RENT off-Broadway for the second time. I saw it once with the original Off-Broadway cast. Since then, a majority of the leads changed and with Taylor Trensch on for Mark, I decided that I wanted to see it with the new leads before it closed on September 9th. I enjoyed it more the second time around.

Nothing excited happened Thursday to Saturday besides the fact we bought a new AC! And I'm in love with it. I've named it Dimitri. I have a strange tendency to name objects. It's actually silly and childish, but whatever. Heh.

On Sunday, I met up with some friends and went to Rockwood to see Johnny play again. He had a lovely new hat. Heh.



Monday was unmemorable (It really was; I can't remember what I did that day.) And next week, I'll talk about Tuesday because it goes so nicely with tonight's happenings.

Catch y'all on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment