Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Week 4: Sexypants & Screenings

Nothing too exciting this past week... or not? I guess you'll decide.

Internship is going fine. We're still doing media placements and logging them for our client. We have over 1,000 media placements and they're all to be done by this Thursday. We're halfway done right now so hopefully, we'll make the deadline.

Back in DC, I did screenings as well as Audience Reaction Reports which are basically trailer checks which gets the reaction of the audience during trailers. Self-explanatory? Well, while I can't really do screenings in New York, I can still do ARRs. So on Friday, I went to "Ice Age: Continental Drift" for the trailer of "Epic."



At first blush, it reminds me of "FernGully" and "Thumbelina." It doesn't come out until May 2013 so maybe when more of it is revealed then it would stand apart from those other movies... maybe? As for "Ice Age," which I sat through, it wasn't terrible. Then again, I'm a sucker for that entire series. I literally watched the previous three on FX the other night. So, so sad.

Saturday morning, I went back to DC to do some last-minute things including giving the keys to the realtor. Heh. Anyone looking for a nice two bed, two bath condo in NW DC?

On Saturday night, I went & saw "Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson" at Studio Theatre. After a few workshops here & there, the original production started its off-Broadway life at Public Theater with Benjamin Walker as the title character. It eventually went on a shorten run on Broadway, which is where I originally saw it during its previews. I wish that I had seen it at the Public or even later in its Broadway run, but alas, time machines haven't been available to the public. (Sidenote: it's almost one in the morning so some things will not make sense in the light of day.)


(Photo taken by: Scotty Beland)

Anyways, the Studio Theatre production had Heath Calvert as Andrew Jackson, which he understudied on Broadway. He was really good. The entire cast was good so if you're in DC, go check them out. And get your tickets ASAP. They sell out quickly. Also, it's general admission but the space is small so every seat is pretty good. They just extended until August 19th.

On Monday, I went to a screening of an upcoming digital series called "H Plus: The Digital Series." It's so good and such a mindtrip that you just wanna continue watching it. The episodes start premiering on YouTube on August 8th. There are about 40-something 2 to 5 minute episodes in the first "season" and 6-8 will be released each Wednesday for the first couple of weeks and then 2-3 episodes the following weeks.



It was convinced about 6 years ago and it's amazing that some of the "sci-fiction technology" that was put in has now look more of a possibility. Some things are already a reality... the iPhone and iPad... Google Glasses... it's kinda scary, if you think about it. Heh.

I really excited about it and I hope that y'all share about the series. Here's the link to the Facebook for more info: http://www.facebook.com/HplusTheDigitalSeries

Anywasy, it's time for bed. Nothing really exciting coming up this week but next week, I'm off to Florida for my dad's birthday. I actually haven't been home since February. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment